The Benefits of a New High-Efficiency Heating System
April 5, 2018
Spring is officially here! As you prep for the warmer months ahead, your heating equipment is probably the last thing on your mind. Did you know that upgrading your boiler or furnace during the springtime can actually save money in the long run? Get the answers to the top three questions PA homeowners consider when thinking about a spring heating installation:
How do I know that I need new equipment?
More often than not, your equipment will tell you. Compare the recent heating season to this checklist. If your equipment displayed any or all of these warning signs, it could be time for a replacement:
- Strange noises or smells: Symptoms of potential performance and safety issues
- Uneven heating: Indicates a decline in your system’s operation
- High energy bills: Consistently high energy costs, without an obvious source like extreme weather, point toward decreased fuel economy
- Increased repair frequency: Over time, wear and tear will lead to more breakdowns
What are the advantages of high-efficiency heating?
Each furnace or boiler’s efficiency is measured by annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE). This rating represents how much heat the system gives off and how much energy is consumed by the system’s operation. Most high-efficiency heating systems have an AFUE rating of 90% to 98.5%, which means more effective output created by using less energy. Not only will a newer model help you save energy, but it will also provide these benefits:
- Better home comfort
- Fewer emissions
- Lower annual heating costs
- Improved indoor air quality
- Reduced risk of breakdowns
Why schedule an installation in the spring?
Take advantage of the offseason to schedule a heating system installation at your convenience. Your heating company is likely to have more availability now than in the fall. By the time the next heating season rolls around, you’ll rest easy knowing that your system is ready to perform.
Contact Ferro Fuel Oil to learn more about high-efficiency heating installations or to get an estimate!